Teacher’s Guide to Tackling Attendance Challenges, by nationally known educators Jessica Sprick and Tricia Berg, provides teachers with the information and resources they need to build a strong classroom-based initiative to improve the attendance of all students, creating a classroom culture of attendance with easy-to-implement strategies. Sprick and Berg provide concrete and practical strategies for teachers to implement in their own classrooms to address chronic absence and improve the attendance of all students, including:
- A framework for implementation
- Sample lesson plans
- Examples and reproducibles for reinforcement systems
- Talking points for use with students and families
- Real-world examples of successful classroom-based approaches
- Handouts for parents on establishing routines, dealing with technology and more
When teachers apply the easy-to-implement and minimally invasive strategies presented, they will see significant improvements in student attendance.
This book is a joint publication between Ancora Publishing and ASCD.