Leadership in Behavior Support guides administrators through processes for:
- Forming and working with a behavior leadership team
- Establishing a 3-level discipline system for handling misbehavior
- Selecting and adopting a schoolwide classroom management approach
- Using the five-step Improvement Cycle to address issues with common areas and schoolwide policies
- Data collection and analysis are emphasized through expanded discussion of practical techniques and real-world examples.
To reflect challenges facing today’s administrators, new material covers leadership strategies for conducting powerful staff meetings, techniques for engaging reluctant staff members, and special sections on reviewing antibullying, attendance, and personal electronic policies.
This revised edition continues to focus on key components of the original edition, such as:
- Working with teams of staff members to effect change through a continuous cycle of improvement
- Developing Guidelines for Success
- Understanding behavioral theory and that behavior can change
- Making decisions effectively
- Using high ratios of positive to corrective interactions
- Adopting schoolwide approaches to discipline and classroom management
Reproducible, fillable forms are available for download, along with Game Plans for Specific Behaviors, which provides step-by-step interventions for 29 common problems such as aggression, cheating, noncompliance, and harassment.