Foundations Module E begins by examining the attributes of safe and unsafe schools and offers suggestions for moving your school toward the evidence-based attributes that contribute to safety. One potential risk to safety is poor conflict management, so this module includes a simple conflict resolution strategy students can use to manage conflict in peaceful and mutually beneficial ways. Bullying is another serious risk to safety. Module E provides a step-by-step process for analyzing strengths and gaps in your school’s bullying policies and procedures as well as suggestions and examples for turning gaps into strengths. This module provides lessons for students on safety, conflict, and bullying prevention and intervention.
- Presentation 1: Ensuring a Safe Environment
- Presentation 2: Attributes of Safe and Unsafe Schools
- Presentation 3: Teaching Conflict Resolution
- Presentation 4: Analyzing Bullying Behavior, Policies, and School Needs
- Presentation 5: Schoolwide Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Appendix A: Foundations Implementation Rubric and Summary
- Appendix B: Module E Implementation Checklist
- Appendix C: Guide to Module E Reproducible Forms and Samples
The module includes DVD or online video inservice presentations by Dr. Sprick and colleagues and 8 copies of the related study guide. A CD provides reproducible forms and examples from real-world Foundations implementations.