The six modules in Foundations (3rd ed.) guide leadership teams from planning steps and inservice through implementation:
- Module A: Foundations of Behavior Support—A Continuous Improvement Process
- Module B: Managing Behavior in Common Areas and With Schoolwide Policies
- Module C: Conscious Construction of an Inviting School Climate
- Module D: Responding to Misbehavior—An Instructional Approach
- Module E: Improving Safety, Managing Conflict, and Reducing Bullying
- Module F: Establishing and Sustaining a Continuum of Behavior Support
Each module Includes:
- DVD or online video inservice presentations and vignettes
- 8 copies of the leadership team guide
- PowerPoint presentations to enhance staff training
- Real-life samples from schools
- Lesson plans to teach expected behavior
- Reproducible forms
You can also purchase each module separately.
Districts and schools that have implemented Foundations report:
- Reductions in disciplinary referrals, suspensions, and expulsions
- Increases in staff coordination, consistency,and collegiality
- Improvements in school climate
- Increases in positive interactions between staff and students
- Improvements in staff skill in effective supervision and Positive Behavior Supports
- Application of data-based decision making to behavior and discipline policies
NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION
- Reducing out-of-school suspensions
- Improving attendance
- Preventing bullying, and more . . .
See Ward, B., & Gersten, R. (2013). A randomized evaluation of the Safe & Civil Schools model for positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) at elementary schools in a large urban school district. School Psychology Review, 42(3), 317–333.
Foundations is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP).