Explicit instruction has been shown to promote achievement for all students.
Explicit Instruction: Effective and Efficient Teaching, a highly practical and accessible resource, gives special and general education teachers the tools to implement explicit instruction in any grade level or content area.
Drs. Archer and Hughes are leading experts who provide clear guidelines for identifying key concepts, skills, and routines to teach, designing and delivering effective lessons, and giving students opportunities to practice and master new material. Sample lesson plans, lively examples, and reproducible checklists and teacher worksheets enhance the utility of the volume. Topics include:
- Exploring the Foundations of Explicit Instruction
- Designing Lessons: Skills and Strategies
- Designing Lessons: Vocabulary and Concepts
- Designing Lessons: Rules
- Organizing for Instruction
- Delivering Instruction: Eliciting Responses
- Delivering Instruction: Other Critical Delivery Skills
- Providing Appropriate Independent Practice
The book includes sections with:
- Reproducible Materials
- Feedback on Application Exercises